It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday
Unfortunately, sympathy cards usually follow tragedy of some sort. A life changing event that impacts someone you love can be very difficult to handle. Not only for the person who is immediately impacted, but also for those who love and care for them. So, anytime we must write a sympathy card it’s just not easy. But in the midst of sadness, loss and shock it’s vital that family and friends reach out to those grieving and reassure them how much they are loved and cared for.
A Little Light in the Darkness Goes a Long Way
Looking for the right words to say. Wondering what is comforting for one to hear. Or, worrying about even saying the wrong thing to stir up the wrong emotions. But no matter how difficult it may be, it’s important to extend your sympathy cards in the best way you know how. No words can undo what has already been done. However, they can go a long way toward helping to facilitate the grieving process in a healthy way. Nobody knows exactly what to say in these situations. And there is no perfect message to deal with individual sorrow. The most important thing to remember in dark times, sometimes all you need is a little light to shine through.
Help for Those at a Loss For Words
Loss Of A Father Sympathy Messages
- “Nobody could tell a funny story like your father. Remember at your birthday party- the story about the cake incident? My face hurt for a full day after from laughing so hard. I’ll always cherish those memories and fun times spent with him.”
- “What a good and generous man your father was. I thought his funeral service was a wonderful tribute to him and all he has done for our community. He will be missed.”
Loss Of A Mother Sympathy Messages
- “Although no words can take away the sorrow that you bear. May it be comforting to you to know that others care.”
- “There are so few comforting words when we need them most. The passing of the one who first introduced us to this planet and who loved us along its paths is never easy.”
Loss Of a Husband Sympathy Messages
- “I can only imagine how difficult and demanding this time is for you. We’ll be mourning his passing with you and celebrating the life of a good man.
- “What beautiful memories the two of you have made together. I can’t imagine the loss you have suffered, but know I’m here for you now and always.”
Loss Of a Wife Sympathy Messages
- “My words cannot fully express the sorrow I feel after learning about the death of your beloved wife. May you always treasure the wonderful times you had and my thoughts are with your whole family.”
- “When the person you love has gone away, remember you always have their memories with you. It is something that no one can take away from you. We are thinking of you during this sad time.”